Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
We're searching for a Senior Financial Reporting Accountant to join Remitly's Finance team, reporting to our Senior Manager of SEC Reporting/External Reporting. You are an individual contributor who is excited by the opportunity to make a big impact in a mission-focused Company.
- Prepare SEC, regulatory, and statutory financial statements following the relevant financial reporting framework
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Perform technical accounting research and prepare the relevant documentation to support financial statement disclosures
- Support program management for the financial reporting process
- Help coordinate:
- financial statement audits and reviews;
- fulfill statutory audit and financial reporting requirements;
- prepare internal and external financial reporting packages;
- maintain operating effectiveness of the financial reporting internal controls.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, or finance, or similar experience, and 3+ years of professional experience in an accounting role
- Public accounting experience with public company clients required, CPA is a plus
- Financial reporting experience for a public company is a plus
- Technical accounting background
- Proficiency in excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; and remain agile to changing and growing business needs
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer