Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Remitly is hiring for Software Development Engineers in a variety of teams including App Experience, Conversion & Acquisition, Friction & Retention, Payments, and more.
- Building full-stack features with a focus on adding customer value
- Writing effective and efficient code
- Writing technical specifications and participating in design reviews
- Collaboration with product managers to break down tasks and provide estimates
- Becoming an expert with tools, programming languages, and engineering processes used within the team in a scalable cloud-based architecture
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of building consumer software products
- Comfortable building, shipping, and maintaining a consumer software product
- Experience and interest working in React and/or React Native
- Knowledgeable in technical architecture and system design concepts
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer