Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
As an intern with Remitly, you will report to a more senior-level engineer and contribute to a collaborative product development team. You will work on meaningful and impactful projects over the course of three months. If you enjoy learning new languages and ways of approaching challenging problems, come join us.
For Summer 2023, interns are encouraged to work out of our Seattle office. Interns can work from any location in the U.S.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related area, preferably with an anticipated graduation date of late 2023 or Spring 2024.
- Knowledgeable of fundamental data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
- Interested in a collaborative working environment, where you will learn from experienced software engineers
- Learn how engineering teams plan and work on complex projects
- Learn how software is developed and deployed with modern tools and languages at a fast-growing technology company
- Gain experience with cloud services such as AWS
- Gain experience with unit and functional testing
- Work collaboratively to meet the needs of our customers
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer