Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
We are investing in a new squad to define the highest standards of privacy engineering for our customers because we believe that Privacy is fundamental to providing the most trusted financial services on the planet, by handling customer information with transparency, accountability, and respect.
In this role you have the opportunity to define the technical approach to privacy at Remitly through partnership with Privacy experts and support from our senior executives. You will create new ways for development teams to exceed privacy obligations in our EKS, K8s, Istio production, and SaaS corporate, environments. You will help us measure and share data with development teams to ensure privacy investments.
- Report to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
- Work closely with the Head of Data Privacy
- Hire and develop excellent colleagues
- Define the technical roadmap for our privacy engineering program
- Measure and create accountability across the technology organization for privacy outcomes
- 3 years of experience in Software Engineering with a focus on Privacy or Security
- Ability or potential to hire and lead a team of 3-5 engineers and project managers
- A product mindset with an interest in serving team members in addition to customers
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer