Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
In this role, you'll own the strategy for our fraud responses and oversee daily decisions of balancing losses and customer experience in the fraud system. You'll directly manage the Data Science & Analytics teams and Operational Program Managers associated with fraud prevention. You'll also work closely with our Product and Machine Learning and Program teams to develop and deliver on a roadmap that improves fraud outcomes for the business, reduces fraud losses, and reduces friction for good customers.
- Own the response to fraud attacks and fraud losses globally
- Lead teams of Data Scientist, Product Analyst and Program Managers
- Own business logic associated with fraud detection and response
- Develop a roadmap for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our analysts in rolling out fixes to emergent attacks
- Manage and improve our alarming in order to better detect early attacks and anomalies within our system
- Coordinate projects across the business ensuring alignment.
- Present project ideas and results to our executive leadership team
- Report to the VP of Risk Product
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of people management experience leading a team of analysts, Data Scientists and Program Managers
- 10+ years of industry experience partnering with engineering or ML teams to build, deploy and train ML Models
- You're motivated by creating an outsized impact for our customers and business. You're excited to take on a variety of tasks to help your product and team be successful.
- Experience working with engineers to make tough tradeoffs. You sweat the details to understand the impacts of these tradeoffs and find a careful balance between short-term outcomes and long-term implications.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer