Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
The Remitly Legal team is looking for an experienced Information Security Counsel! You will provide legal counsel directly to Remitly's Chief Information Security Officer and the broader Remitly Information Security, Engineering, and Fraud teams. Your role will involve a high degree of collaboration with other members of the Legal, Privacy, and Compliance teams and across the entire company. This position can be based in Seattle or remote in the U.S.
- Provide comprehensive support for Remitly's global legal and security compliance, audit, and certification program;
- Develop and implement information security programs and policies for a scaling global business, partnering with teams around the world;
- Provide clear, practical, and actionable security advice to help business strategies and efforts across the enterprise;
- Partner with and become a trusted advisor to employees across the business, including with senior leaders within and outside of the Legal team;
- Advise the engineering, information security, and compliance teams in response to potential security incidents and assist with the applicable investigations;
- Manage law enforcement requests; and,
- Navigate quickly changing priorities, ambiguity, and the unexpected with good humor
- 3+ years of legal experience with technology-related legal, compliance or regulatory matters
- Expertise with global privacy regimes (e.g., GDPR, CCPA, PDPA) and data security standards (e.g., NIST, PCI)
- Mix of law firm and in-house experience at a technology company (preferably FinTech)
- Experience summarizing recommendations and tailoring communications based on audience
- Experience anticipating developing issues, thinking ahead, influencing senior executives, and building scalable programs and tools
- Interest in technology, payments or information security areas
- J.D. with a license to practice law in any U.S. jurisdiction.
- Experience negotiating privacy and information security terms in technology, vendor, and service provider contracts;
- Conduct privacy and security reviews of third-party due diligence responses, and advise on any associated risks; and,
- Technical and industry knowledge on open source, machine learning, and applicable litigation trends.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based on personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer