Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Remitly’s Customer Transaction Accounting Program (CTAP) is core to our business. We are responsible for all the accounting and reconciliation for every single customer transaction, globally, that runs through our systems. As a Reconciliation Analyst on the CTAP Accounting team, reporting to the Reconciliation Supervisor, you will be a key contributor to the company’s financial statements by supporting the month-end close process, investigating money movement across Remitly’s products, managing curated datasets, key business metrics, and reporting.
What you’ll be doing:
- Contribute to efficient global currency management by reporting and assisting in maintaining daily cash positions and activity across multiple global bank partners
- Perform bank account reconciliations to internal databases and source documents, working closely with banking partners to monitor money movements to and from various bank accounts and partners globally on a daily basis
- Utilize both raw internal and external data, combining them into more meaningful data in a central database ensuring data integrity
- Work cross-functionally with Reconciliation, Destination Experience, and Treasury teams to ensure completeness and accuracy of cash accounts
- Assist on large projects, performing analysis to ensure account balances are complete, accurate, and up-to-date by maintaining a framework to monitor, investigate, and resolve issues
- Be a key contributor in recommending and implementing process improvements
- Other tasks as assigned
- High English fluency; strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 2+ years of professional experience in accounting or related field
- Experience working in NetSuite or similar ERP systems strongly preferred
- Experience in reconciling, analyzing, and working with large data sets and familiarity with data management tools such as Excel and SQL
- High regard for ethics to protect company and customer privacy as well as financial exposure
- Great attention to detail
- Self-starter who works well in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and rapidly changing environment
- Tenaciously follows through on our commitments, no matter how small
- Curiosity and strong ability to dive into details and drive insights from data; understanding not only what is happening but why it is happening
Who we are:
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Sounds like the place for you? Join us.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Remitly is an E-verify employer.