Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
As a Software Development Engineer (SDE) on the Machine Learning (ML) Platform team, you will report to the engineering manager of the ML platform as a part of a team working on the infrastructure that underpins multiple data products throughout our business. The ML platform team builds the infrastructure, tools, and systems that support the entire lifecycle of machine learning models. We are accountable for and are improving our internal ML platform to serve a broad set of use cases across fraud, pricing, treasury, and marketing.
- Build production systems that provide data derived results in realtime or batch
- Partner with Economists, Analysts, and Engineers to build the strategies and products that power our pricing engine
- Design the future of our ML feature, training, and serving systems
- Have a significant impact on Remitly's bottom line
- Improve our ML platform ensuring better data product delivery throughout the entire organization
- 2+ years of work experience building production ready systems
- Solid knowledge of distributed systems and streaming platforms
- Practical knowledge in one or more object-oriented languages, including Python, Go, Scala, or Java
- Proficiency with system design and data processing/pipelining
- Experience with SQL and common Python ML libraries (scikit-learn, scipy, numpy, matplotlib, and pandas)
It's also great, but not necessary, if you have:
- Experience with AWS, Scala, Spark, and Hadoop
- Practical knowledge building ML models to solve industry problems
- Built or worked with ML feature stores and autonomous training and validation pipelines
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer