Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
As a Senior Copywriter on the Marketing Creative team, you will help tell our story in a compelling, fresh, relevant way to audiences from many different countries and cultures. We are looking for an eloquent writer with experience driving creative efforts in an in-house setting (or agency), who has experience writing for everything from paid social ads to video to digital radio. You are comfortable with understanding the business impact of your work and taking accountability for its performance. You aim to improve both your work and the results for the business.
- Ensure all copywriting is insight- and data-driven, and on brand
- Establish an understanding of our audiences from the Philippines, Latin America, India and more, to ensure you are creating relevant messaging that resonates.
- Present your work to team members, and have sound reasoning or data to back up your points of view.
- Own your hard-earned copywriting expertise and maintain healthy boundaries when others try to do it for you, pushing back with empathy.
- Partner with Project Management and Production teams to ensure creative deliverables are reasonable and are met.
- Partner with marketers throughout the creative process to agree on quality input and ensure that our work meets shared goals.
- Research and keep a pulse on trends, issues, and topics that matter most to Remitly's audiences around the world
- Practice attention to detail and discretion
- Work with external partners when needed, providing constructive feedback.
- Develop an understanding of our legal guidelines, ensuring your writing works within the boundaries of what we can say.
- Be a positive, joyful influence within Marketing and Remitly as a whole
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a copywriter in an in-house creative team (and/or agency)
- Consumer copywriting experience a must, including digital brand experience
- Knowledge of best-practices for mobile-first digital marketing
- Interest in understanding why creative performs and how to make it perform even better
- Operated autonomously and manage your own workload
- An instinct for balancing brand goals with performance goals
- Experience explaining your approach/thinking
- An understanding of channel testing and validation
- Experience with people, communication, marketing, and storytelling
- A sensitivity and desire to understand multiple cultures and trends from the Philippines to India to Latin America
- You work in Pacific Standard Time (Seattle) normal working hours
- Alignment on our mission and values
- Language skills (especially Spanish) are beneficial, but not required
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details: The starting base pay for this position is typically $92,000 - $115,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.