IT Team Lead
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
You will lead our IT support operations and the personnel that assist Remitly employees with their technology inquiries. To do so, we ask that you are a hands-on technical expert and commit to providing an outstanding support experience for all employees. You will mentor and oversee our support team, become responsible for our service commitments to be met, and ensure that we have enough office hardware supplies and software licenses to meet our employee's IT needs. Moreover, you will collaborate on projects to improve overall system performance or user experience.
- Foster positive end-user relationships and promote customer satisfaction.
- Promote continuous improvement of support efforts, desktop administration, and communication services delivery for all Remitly employees.
- Collect feedback to determine issues patterns, lead the resolution, and provide inputs that the IT Quality and Risk Analyst(ITQRA) will use to build controls and quality checks.
- Facilitate the Technical Support/knowledge base. Later supplied to the employees to ease troubleshooting events.
- Oversee Asset Management and Inventory. You will manage the department's office equipment (software and hardware) purchases; this requires the analysis of technology trends and recommendations for effective and cost-conscious solutions to IT needs. Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency.
- Lead team efforts and integrates the skills and strengths of individuals across teams for project and organizational success.
- Contribute to accomplishing the department's support service objectives by supervising employees and monitoring their progress and performance. This involves the development of IT employees through coaching, counseling, and disciplining.
- 1 or more years of experience working on IT operations or related fields in companies where agility and positive employee experience are a goal.
- 1 or more years of server(On-premise or cloud) administration experience or equivalent experience.
- A thoughtful understanding of the principles of networking and the OSI model and DHCP, TCP/IP, and DNS.
- Expertise in IT system enhancements, specification documentation, and report development
- Instruction and mentoring skills
- Knowledge of compliance ITIL framework or related best-practices.
- Proficiency in resolving hardware and software issues.
We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.