Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
The Developer Experience team enables engineers at Remitly to accelerate delivery of business value through world class developer tools and practices. We are on a journey to accelerate developer productivity, maximize velocity and remove toil. As a Sr Software Development Engineer, you'll help build the vision and roadmap of the platform services that are central to all of Remitly's engineering and the growth of the company. You will create efficiency and shared practices between passionate and energetic engineering teams. You'll achieve this by building a platform that promotes best practices and enables standardization to simplify development across services. This position will report to the Engineering Manager of Developer Experience.
- Own and be part of the Developer Platform product with engineers as the end-users
- Be passionate about developer experience, efficiency and their everyday quality of life
- Be an important partner with Infrastructure and Security teams holding Remitly to the highest standards for security and compliance
- Build an easy to use platform and tools using languages such as Golang, Typescript, GraphQL and React, making thoughtful tradeoffs between consistency and availability when both are not possible
- Work cross-functionally with product engineering teams, IT, and others across Remitly
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of engineering experience in a team environment
- 2+ years of experience in service-oriented architecture, deployment systems and cloud infrastructure
- Proficient in at least one high-level programming language such as Java, Go, Python and Typescript
- Innate curiosity and a desire to be responsible for all aspects of building Remitly's Developer Platform in a small but growing team
- Clear and objective writing and in-person communication
- A passion for learning new technologies and systems
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details: The starting base salary range for this position is typically $159,090 - $210,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan.
Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.