Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
As a Senior Product Designer, you'll be responsible for designing and adapting our remittance experience for use by other institutions wanting to offer Remitly to their customers. Success in this role is about making complex workflows and decisions simple to customers and flexible to partners.
Senior Designers are responsible for discovery through implementation and iteration and the broad and diverse skillset required to manage each of the parts. This role especially requires expertise in interaction design and visual design.
You'll report to the Principal Design Lead for this area. You can be (hybrid) in-person at our Seattle office or fully remote. #LI-Remote
- Manage the design process for your projects from end to end: Discovery and concept ideation, flows and wireframes, full-fidelity prototype designs, and other interaction design deliverables.
- Collaborate, influence, and negotiate: Partner with Product Managers, Engineers, Researchers and Writers to define customer problems and goals.
- Design and ship world-class experiences: You advocate for the design voice in the planning & development process. You can create visually stunning interfaces that make emotional connections with users and communicate the brand. Champion cohesion and consistency to unite a growing family of products.
- Be the voice of our customer: Proactively bring empathy and the voice of our customer / user insights to the teammates with whom you work
- 7+ years of years design experience, with strong information design and visual design skill, including color, typography, and hierarchy.
- Strong portfolio that showcases thoughtfully designed, painstakingly crafted experiences with depth and clarity, inclusive of insights gained from testing and shipping.
- Experience leading one or more critical products in direction and strategic thinking while developing product goals, identifying opportunities, and making decisions based on the customer impact and product vision.
- Experience designing and prototyping complex workflows with Figma, Invision or similar products; Expert-level knowledge of Figma
- Strong presentation and storytelling skills to share your work with credibility, clarity, and confidence.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer