Managua, NicaraguaApply Now
Recruiter: Cynthia Torres
Hiring Manager: Keilee Day
Req No. 5163
We, Team Remitly, are a digital international money transfer company united through our mission - to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. We've helped our customers send nearly $7 billion globally and we're just getting started. Your work matters, every day.
This role reports to the Accounting Manager and is a part of Remitly’s Global Corporate Accounting, which is core to our business. As a senior accountant on the Accounting team, you will be a key contributor to the company’s financial statements by supporting the month-end close process, and ensuring accurate and timely reporting.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own critical accounting processes including but not limited to leases, cloud implementation costs, internally developed software, and transfer pricing
- Assist in the customer transaction process, which includes proper accounting and analysis of revenue, cost of sales, cash, customer incentives, customer receivables and liabilities, foreign exchange transactions, and reserves.
- Collaborate regularly with business partners to ensure accurate accounting for monthly accruals and new business initiatives.
- Analyze data against business drivers to identify trends / issues
- Support month-end close by recording journal entries, & preparing balance sheet reconciliations
- Own various projects & analysis to ensure balances are complete and accurate by establishing and maintaining a framework to monitor, investigate and resolve issues
- Ensure internal controls, policies, and procedures are documented and followed appropriately with audit trails for the compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Participate in ad-hoc projects, ie. new system implementations/integrations
- Support ad hoc financial information request/audit request and analyses and other special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, and 3+ years of experience in an accounting or similar role
- Firm understanding of GAAP and how to apply to general ledger accounting
- CPA preferred
- Experience working in NetSuite, Oracle or other ERP preferred
- Proficiency with Excel
- Self-starter who works well in a fast-paced, ambiguous and rapidly-changing environment
- Curiosity and strong ability to dive into details and drive insights from data: understanding not only what is happening, but why it is happening
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Who we are:
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes.
Sound like the place for you? Join us!
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Remitly is an E-verify employer.