Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
As a Creative Lead on the Marketing Creative team, you will report to the Creative Director. You and your team will address audiences from many different countries and cultures as you help tell our story and move the needle in our Owned Channels - the lower funnel of the marketing customer journey. You will be part of a collaborative team focused on improving conversion, engagement, referral and retention. We are looking for a leader/doer who is equal parts best-practice conversion and optimization strategic-thinker and hands-on design and copy leader, with experience leading creative strategy, execution and optimization in areas that may include emails, landing pages and other engagement and conversion channels we haven't thought of yet. We are looking for someone who can provide insight, encouragement, and constructive direction to those working with you, including partner teams, marketing copywriters and designers, product design and agencies.
- Lead and deliver best-practice creative for our marketing conversion and engagement channels with an understanding of what makes great design and copy; work on the design and copy yourself when needed.
- Lead a team of 4 designers and copywriters, nurturing and amplifying their talent and developing their careers; Help select and manage new hires, contractor and agencies.
- Interpret and influence creative briefs/input to ensure your team can create customer-focused creative strategies that improve performance.
- Apply best practice experience, guidance and empathy to collaborating with a marketing team driving new ideas and approaches to the customer journey.
- Help develop our early work in the ASO and SEO space, building on the foundations built in email and in-app marketing.
- Work with the Marketing Operations and Growth team to develop important processes and standards for creating high-quality, speedy workflow.
- Operate autonomously to structure and manage your and your team's workload.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in an in-house creative team or agency.
- Minimum 2 years experience leading a creative team.
- Consumer brand experience a must; digital brand ideal.
- A creative portfolio of work from prior roles that has moved the needle in converting and engaging customers
- Knowledge of best-practices for conversion, engagement and retention marketing including emails, landing pages, app stores in an app and web environment.
- 2nd language (beyond English) a plus.
- An understanding of A/B testing and validation in app, web and app store environments.
- An instinct for balancing brand goals with performance goals.
- Flexibility to work with teams in Seattle (HQ), London and other global time zones (regardless of where you are located), meet and collaborate with the team during their hours.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.