Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
We're searching for a Senior Accountant to join Remitly’s Global Corporate Accounting team, reporting to the Senior Manager of Corporate Accounting. As a senior accountant on the Accounting team, you will be a key contributor to the company’s financial statements by supporting the month-end close process and ensuring accurate and timely reporting.
What You’ll Do
- Be a key contributor, applying technical accounting knowledge to serve as an expert on the Order to Cash process, which includes proper accounting and analyses of revenue, cost of sales, cash, customer incentives, customer receivables and liabilities, foreign exchange transactions, and loss reserves
- Support in the month-end close process of creating and booking Journal Entries, analysis of trends and variances to expected outcomes, and analysis of financial system outputs
- Work with Fraud and Reconciliation teams to ensure complete and accurate estimates of fraud and disbursement loss reserves
- Work with Treasury and FP&A teams to ensure complete and accurate analysis of foreign exchange gains and losses
- Conduct technical accounting research and drafting technical documentation working closely with internal stakeholders to determine the impact of new accounting standards and the accounting implications of changes in the business including new product launches
- Ensure internal controls, policies, and procedures are documented and followed appropriately with audit trails for the compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Support ad hoc financial information request/audit request and analyses and other special projects as assigned
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and 3+ years of experience
- CPA or public accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP required
- Strong technical accounting background
- Experience with streamlining processes and/or design and implementation of accounting policies and procedures
- Experience working in NetSuite or similar ERP systems
- Experience analyzing and working with large data sets and familiarity with data management tools such as Excel and SQL
- Strong alignment to our mission and values
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details: The starting base pay for this position is typically $72,500-$87,500. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.