Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role
The VP, Global Strategic Partnerships, New Products will become a critical new leader in Remitly's GSP team, helping to accelerate Remitly's evolution from remittances to a leading financial services provider for immigrants, globally.
Employment location preference is Seattle or London - we'll consider remote US and remote EU work locations.
Remitly (RELY) is a recently public fintech with a strong core business, world-class product offering, and dynamic culture known throughout the industry. The Global Strategic Partnerships team is responsible for both strategic partnerships (such as funds-in & disbursement network partnerships) and mergers & acquisitions across the company. The combined group is relatively new, and growing in size and scope, so the VP will be key in helping the team develop and succeed. This leader will have a high level of visibility within Remitly's management team, will contribute insights to Remitly's company strategy, and be a trusted thought partner to our business unit leaders. With our existing and future partners, the VP will help establish Remitly as a diversified financial services leader, and build a world-class reputation for the Company, from both an innovation and execution perspective.
What You'll Do
- Enable our new product strategies by developing and executing on partnership plans that support product and commercial goals - partnering closely with senior stakeholders in Product, Business, Legal, Compliance and other functions. Knowledge of prepaid or stored value, and other alternative financial products and services is beneficial
- Lead the identification, engagement, qualification & due diligence of banks, processors, networks, issuers and other partners, across a broad range of criteria, and globally
- Leverage personal, company and industry networks/contacts to accelerate connections and qualification
- Recommend partners and commercial solutions, and develop and negotiate RFPs and commercial agreements
- Manage both partner and Remitly support teams
- Support partner onboarding and lead ongoing partnerships/relationships, striving to broaden and deepen commercial opportunities
- Bring a foundation of relevant experience and expertise, as well as a knowledge-sharing approach, to accelerate Remitly's strategy and grow the value and vibrancy of the Global Strategic Partnerships team
Who You Are
- 10+ years of leadership in strategic partnerships / strategic business development; with consumer-facing companies in the payments and financial services markets
- A global businessperson, experienced in closing partnerships in developed and developing countries, with both early stage and mature companies
- Possess a track record of developing bespoke contracts for new service offerings, even during the pre-launch phases
- Demonstrated strong analytical capabilities in terms of assessing market and customer opportunities, understanding operating and financial metrics
- Possess a solid strategic perspective, business judgment, and ROI focus; ability to support recommendations with compelling rationale, evidence and data
- Engaging, highly credible presence and style; a clear and convincing communicator comfortable presenting to large and small groups, C-level executives
- Proven team-player with a reputation for great people management and development
- BS/BA required, MBA highly desirable
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details: The starting base salary range for this position is typically $210,000 - $250,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.