Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
The New Initiatives organization is a startup within Remitly. We are building a new global financial product for immigrants and their families that reimagines the interplay between storage and movement of funds across borders. Our team is intensely customer-focused and draws talent from top startups and high-growth names in the tech industry. It's all the best parts of an early stage company accelerated by the assets and competitive advantage of Remitly.
About the Role:
As an engineer reporting to the Engineering Manager for New Initiatives, you will work in modern Java and Go codebases, taking on some of our most challenging technical problems while building the first generation of a new global financial product. This product domain will stretch you to build reliable, available, and secure software that can address evolving and regionally unique user problems. Joining at the inception, you will be able to shape the culture, processes and technical foundations of the team.
What you'll do:
- Develop end to end features in partnership with other engineers.
- Participate in the ideation, technical design, and grooming of next generation of Lending with a data-driven and customer-centric viewpoint
- Focus on overall product quality and build
- Partner with Product Management, Design and other functions to build high-quality features for our users
Who you are:
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of building software products, in a consumer or b2b setting
- Biased for action: willing to build the first prototype, try it, and iterate based on your findings
- Passionate about exploring data and using it to inform decisions
- Proficiency in one of the languages like Java, C#, C++, Go
- Bonus: Front end experience working with React, React-Native, TypeScript or other web platforms
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based on personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Compensation Details: The starting base salary range for this position is typically $116,710 - $150,550. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan.
Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer