Summer Associates, Business Management (EMEA & APAC)
London, England, United KingdomApply Now
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Remitly is hiring three graduate-level Business Management interns to join our team and help grow our remittance business. This will be a strategy and operations role involving planning, building, and executing initiatives across product, pricing, marketing, customer service, and other departments.
You will be based in our London or Singapore office. Occasional travel may be required. While we are flexible on start / end dates, we envisage the internship beginning over Summer 2023 and lasting for 3 months, depending on availability.
- Support ongoing views around market competition, market/customer trends, and overall strategy within specific corridors and the wider International business.
- Work with your manager to translate strategy into specific goals across marketing, product, analytics and customer service, as well as work on cross-regional or regional-specific business management projects to meet the broader goals of the global Remitly business
- Effectively own projects and coordinate with your manager on execution
- Collaborate with the analytics team to promote complex customer and market analysis to obtain insights and develop executional plans across marketing, product, customer service, and other teams
- Work closely with your manager to develop new business opportunities and strategic partnership
- 2+ years of experience in strategy consulting, fintech, or consumer technology sectors
- Fluency in languages outside of English for EMEA (e.g. German, Portuguese, Polish etc) and for APAC (Japanese, Mandarin, Vietnamese, etc) would be beneficial
- Expert in building high-quality materials (documents and presentations) for senior stakeholders, with significant experience in Excel and related tools
- Self-motivated and curious with a desire to understand the Remitly customer and translate these learnings into business results
- Proven ability to quickly learn the complexities of new businesses, and the fundamental drivers and mechanics of those businesses
- Experience with data analysis tools (e.g., SQL, R, Python) is preferred but not required
- Experience developing online strategies (strategy/positioning, brand development work, product conversion improvement, etc.)
- Exceptional problem solving skills and strong bias for action - comfortable with both qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Experience with data modeling and using data to make better business decision
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Highly effective at cross-functional stakeholder management, communication, influencing, and interpersonal skills
- Eligibility to work in the country you are applying for (London or Singapore).
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer