Managua, NicaraguaApply Now
We, Team Remitly, are a digital international money transfer company united through our mission - to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. We've helped our customers send nearly $7 billion globally and we're just getting started. Your work matters, every day.
This role reports to the Payroll Supervisor and is a part of Remitly’s Accounting Operations Program, which is core to our business. We are responsible for standardized and continuous deliverables, requiring a deep understanding of processes, system functions and business operations. As a Payroll Specialist on the this team, you will be a key contributor to our employees.
What you’ll be doing:
- Process semi-monthly payrolls for US, ensuring all updates have been accurately entered into our payroll system
- Process off-cycle payrolls for new hires or terminations
- Process stock option exercises and RSU vests throughout the month
- Perform quarterly & annual reconciliations to verify accurate processing
- Obtain & provide reports on all payrolls processed to Senior Accountant, Compensation
- Responds to all employee payroll-related inquiries
- Support month-end close by processing any last minute transactions within a tight deadline
- Own various projects & analysis to ensure balances are complete and accurate by establishing and maintaining a framework to monitor, investigate and resolve issues
- Ensure internal controls, policies, and procedures are documented and followed appropriately with audit trails
- 3+ years of experience in US payroll or similar role
- Strong understanding of US payroll taxes (federal & state)
- Experience working in Ultipro, Workday or other Payroll System
- Proficiency with Excel
- Self-starter who works well in a fast-paced, ambiguous and rapidly-changing environment
- Curiosity and strong ability to dive into details and drive insights from data: understanding not only what is happening, but why it is happening
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Who we are:
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes.
Sound like the place for you? Join us!
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Remitly is an E-verify employer.