Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
Manila, Manila, PhilippinesApply Now
Title: Sr Accounts Payable Specialist
Location: Manila, The Philippines
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched banking product, Passbook. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
We're searching for a Sr Accounts Payable Specialist to join Remitly’s Finance team, reporting to our AP Lead. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual contributor with a bias for action who is excited by the opportunity to make a big impact in a fast-paced and dynamically growing Company.
What You’ll Do
- Review the work of our Accounts Payable Specialist, ensure proper coding, review payment registers.
- Review set up of new vendors in the ERP system, ensure that all applicable documents are provided, follow up with business owners if necessary to ensure all documents are in place.
- Primarily responsible for partner and customer refund payables.
- Ensure timely and accurate payment of vendor invoices across multiple subsidiaries in multiple currencies.
- Assist the AP Lead with the maintenance of the invoice approval hierarchy.
- Assist the AP Lead with maintaining the AP Inbox and responding to inquiries from internal stakeholders and vendors.
- Ensure vendor payables are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to departmental procedures.
- Resolve vendor payable set-up and payment issues.
- Identify issues with open payables timely and collaborate with accounts payable team members in Manila and in Seattle to resolve.
- Ensure consistency of application of internal controls over the procure to pay process.
Who You Are
- You have an Associate or a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance
- 5+ years of professional experience in an accounts payable specialist role
- Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP system is a plus.
- Experience with various payment methods a plus.
- Strong analytical skills
- Great attention to detail
- Proficiency in Excel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer