Pricing Analytics Lead
London, England, United KingdomApply Now
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
We are seeking a talented individual who can combine rigorous statistical analysis with strong business judgement to help us deliver and execute on smart pricing strategy across corridors and enhance overall customer lifetime value. You will be responsible for assisting in the management of Remitly's prices across Europe and APAC, building and maintaining performance metrics dashboards and deep dives into corridor performance. Within this role, you'll be partnering closely with the Business Analytics, Business Management, Pricing product and Finance stakeholders based in Europe and Seattle. You'll lead implementation and subsequent analysis of the efficacy of our pricing strategies. You'll be responsible for deep diving into customer behaviour across different customer segments to understand the interaction between and impact of our pricing and subsequently partner with Business Managers to create pricing/packaging hypotheses, set up and analyse the test reads. This is a high-visibility role, and strong communication skills are required. Because the decisions made by this role directly affect the prices we are giving customers, the ideal candidate is extremely responsive and demonstrates a high degree of ownership.
- Proactively think about customer behaviour challenges and coming up with pricing/promo hypotheses to solve for them
- Partner with other members of the team to build pricing strategies and analyse customer behaviour across our European and APAC regions
- Be a thought leader for pricing choices and merchandising throughout Remitly, partnering with Business Management, Marketing, Finance, and Product to build the strategies and products that power our pricing engine.
- Conduct profitability analysis of our pricing strategies and critically assess price optimisation opportunities
- Provide insightful statistical and econometric analyses that extract value from complex datasets and achieve targeted outcomes
- Build tools to automate and optimise aspects of Remitly's pricing to improve efficiency
- Your work will impact our customer-facing product and dictate the prices customers receive on transactions every day. Your decisions will have a significant impact on Remitly's bottom line. As a strong business thinker, you will also provide analytical expertise and judgement to other teams throughout the organisation.
- Lead pricing metrics reviews for the International business
- You have a degree in Economics, Econometrics, Finance, Statistics, Maths, or a related discipline that blends quantitative and qualitative analysis. Bachelor's degree required, Master's or PhD degree preferred.
- Familiarity building dashboards (we use Tableau and Periscope), expert experience with Excel, SQL and comfortable using Python and/or R (experience with one or the other required) for analysis.
- Excellent candidates will have a diverse set of skills ranging from general analytics to statistics and programming, with a strong business intuition and judgement.
- Excellent problem solver, who comes to rigorous and defensible solutions to complex and open-ended problems.
- Highly customer centric, with a strong desire to proactively learn about different customer behaviours and use this learning to create optimised and sustainable pricing strategies.
- Unlimited paid time off, subject to approval
- Great compensation package
- Health insurance
- Commuter benefit
- Learn and development benefits (3000+ free online courses available)
- Corridor Travel Benefit Reimbursement.
We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer