Content Writer (Seattle or US Remote)
Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Remitly is looking for an experienced Content Writer to join the Public Relations (PR) team. Our PR mission is to deliver the most relevant, impactful and enduring version of the Remitly story to influence positive sentiment and confidence with our chosen audiences. In the role of Content Writer, you will create engaging and inspired content to help us achieve our mission.
- Help establish a content strategy including topics we should cover, content formats we should produce, and distribution channels we should focus on
- Develop relationships with internal subject matter experts
- Partner with internal media and marketing teams for outsized impact
- Research new content ideas for website articles and external publications, including press releases, case studies, white papers, executive thought pieces, video scripts, and more
- Manage content from draft to publication to promotion
- Manage short- and long-term editorial calendar for website content
- Create content that attracts attention, generates interest and is easily shared by target audiences
- Recommend new approaches and recognize opportunities to repurpose, repackage, and improve return on content investment
- Report the impact of content efforts
- Help establish employee advocacy program to expand content reach
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or Marketing
- 2+ years of professional experience writing and editing for external audiences
- Project management skills
- Experience with SEO
- Knack for creating stories that bring brands to life and resonate with their audiences
- Proofreading, editing, and writing skills
- A hunger for learning
- The ability to distill complex, technical concepts into compelling and understandable material
- Ability to adjust voice and tone
- Experience writing about technology
- Experience working with colleagues across a range of seniority levels and areas of subject matter expertise
- Flexible time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $74,000 - $92,500. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.