Operational Excellence Manager
Cork, Cork, IrelandApply Now
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly is registered as a Money Services Business in the U.S., Canada, EU, United Kingdom, Singapore and Australia. Each of these jurisdictions require, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Risk and Compliance Program.
About the Role:
As the Operational Excellence Manager supporting Remitly's operations in Cork, your role is to lead authentically and improve organizational effectiveness by implementing delivery and operational excellence practices across the organization.
You will spearhead transformational change programs through advanced functional & process knowledge, and advanced product expertise to manage implementations. You will collaborate with the stakeholders and partners to analyze existing systems, programs, policies and procedures and administrative best practice in connection with Remitly business objectives and service and operational success.
Remitly strives to provide customers with the best experience and service possible so the ideal candidate will demonstrate strong, concise English writing skills and an understanding of the connection between compassionate customer care and the company’s success. This position is based in Cork Ireland and requires strong collaboration with our Seattle team along with interacting with Mandaluyong City; Philippines and Managua.
- You will be responsible for a team of Programme Specialists who support our teams in Customer Success and Compliance to be successful through quality assurance and change projects
- Support the team using data to improving work processes by challenging and identifying new opportunities to improve processes.
- Communicate to key management stakeholders on salient quality issues and business opportunities and be an agent of change.
- Implement strategic quality direction into operational guidelines and practices and support ongoing expansion of the quality assurance culture across the organization.
- Provide support to develop support assets (e.g. tracking tools for operational excellence success stories, tracking of root cause/lessons learned from actual delivery experiences, etc.)
- Own end to end the project management plans - Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitor and Control, Completion or closure of Projects, Estimating timelines, Costs, Resource requirements and Execution.
- Understand the Transition Plan, timelines and assumptions & seek clarifications where required with global stakeholders.
- Manage product roll outs, corridor launches, queue launches and site-flagship initiatives/policies.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Roll out material and/or implement processes relevant to the projects.
- Conduct detailed transition planning in accordance with defined service go-live commitments.
- Create detailed RACI matrix at the planning stages with all cross-functional team members.
- Track day-to-day tasks as per project plans, highlight risks & put in place mitigating action plans.
- Establish governance and meeting cadence with cross-functional teams.
- Prepare Tollgate report-out docs & own completion of all tollgate deliverables including travel and site readiness.
- Escalate pending activities as per escalation matrix for the project.
- Maintain Action, issue, risk logs and keep the teams updated about changes in status through proactive communication.
- Manage relationships with multiple stakeholders locally, offshore, across departments and coordinate on dependencies, risks & issues.
- Work with cross-functional teams - Marketing, Product, Customer Service Operations, Risk Operations, Shared Services and Human Resources, and take all transition deliverables to closure.
- Ensure individual alignment with site performance metrics and design and develop scorecards for the Operational site along with allocating resources across the teams to complete quality assurance activities along with managing change projects .
- Drive Operational Excellence activity and accountability across area of responsibility for optimal results.
- Bachelor's and Advanced Degree in a technical field, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- 5+ years' experience in related fields of financial services compliance (KYC, AML, CTF), risk management and/or quality assurance.
- Possesses Green Belt certification and pursues/obtains Black Belt certification, preferred.
- Prior experience of managing a team of people operating in the quality assurance and/or change disciplines.
- You lead authentically, with a continuous improvement mindset with a bias for action which is customer centric.
- You have strong conceptual, analytical, facilitation and conflict resolution skills, within an agile environment such as Fintech, as well as strong stakeholder management.
- You are data driven; using qualitative and quantitative insights to make better decisions.
Key Competencies Required
Team Management - Experience of leading a team people within a dynamic change environment
Project Management - Possess an understanding of project management processes and procedures; capability to evaluate and articulate the impact of the identified risks on the project.
Risk Management - Proactively identify potential risks, understand & assess implications of identified risk, recommend mitigation plan and owners
Results/ Action - orientated - Display attention to detail, accuracy of work, sense of responsibility toward work and ability to accomplish projects and tasks in a timely manner
Stakeholder Engagement - Has strong relationship building skills and Customer-Service Orientation; understand clients' needs & business contingencies ; handle internal & external stakeholders
Decision-making - can take decisions independently & display maturity while making decisions
Change Management & Flexibility - Ability to adapt to change; manage complex tasks simultaneously; and manage stress on the job
- 34 days of vacation (including public holidays)
- Group private medical insurance with Irish Life & Health
- Group pension (6% contributed) and group income protection
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Learning and development benefits.
We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer