Senior Accountant Reconciliation
Manila, Manila, PhilippinesApply Now
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Remitly's Reconciliation Program is at the heart of our business, and our Reconciliation Operations team was newly created to support the success and evolution of the program. The program ensures the accuracy and completeness of hundreds of millions of events annually. The Senior Accountant - Reconciliation will lead to enhance the processes and value creation opportunities for the program. As an individual contributor on the Reconciliation Operations team, you will be an essential team member working with our data upload and exceptions team to investigate uncategorized exceptions, looking for systematic resolution while understanding and summarizing the financial statement impact for our Order to Cash Accounting team.
- Report to the Senior Accounting Manager - Reconciliation Operations
- Be an expert on the flow of data and events from our upstream systems to our financial systems
- Investigate uncategorized exceptions and propose resolution to unmatched transactions
- Financial analysis and explanation of trends and variances to expected outcomes
- Conduct technical research and testing requirements to support new projects
- Ensure internal controls and procedures are documented and followed with audit trails for compliance
- Support ad hoc financial information request/audit request and analyses and other special projects as assigned
- You will be remote (full distributed) #LI-Remote or the PH - Manila Office
- Must be available to work 6am - 3pm Mon - Friday
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or information technology and 3+ years of experience
- Experience with data quality and integrity principles and practices
- CPA or public accounting experience
- Knowledge and a working understanding of US GAAP required
- Experience analyzing and working with large datasets
- High English fluency
- Rice Allowance - 1,500 pesos/month
- Transportation Allowance -1,000 pesos/month
- Leaves and Cash Conversion - 20 leaves / year
- all accrued but unused leaves reckoned at the end of each year will be converted to cash up to a maximum of 10 days
- Accident and Life Insurance
- HMO - You will be enrolled in company-provided HMO within the first month of employment. Rules for availing HMO benefits shall follow company policies and procedures.
- Have an opportunity to own stock options
We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.