Manila, Manila, PhilippinesApply Now
Summary: The Senior Accountant prepares journal entries, reconciles and maintains sub-ledgers to general ledgers, including investigation and resolution of discrepancies, analysis of trends and variances to expected outcomes; and prepares monthly activity reports for the assigned accounts and subsidiaries of Remitly.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operations Accounting
- Regular bookkeeping which include but is not limited to bank reconciliations, accruals, amortization of prepayments and payroll entries, etc.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and prepare financial statements.
- Prepare and update subsidiary ledgers supporting each account in the financial statements.
- Analysis of trends and variances to expected outcomes; and
- Prepare monthly activity reports as assigned.
- Tax, Financial Reporting and Compliance
- Prepare, file and pay tax returns and other requirements by the assigned subsidiary’s Tax Authority.
- Coordinate with the auditors on the financial, tax or any type of audits by preparing all the audit requirements, and assists in the completion, release and filing of the financial statements as required by various regulatory agencies.
- Oversee the annual renewal of business licenses in coordination with respective departments such as Facilities, Compliance and/or Treasury.
- Assess internal controls, including risk assessments and reviews of risk areas
- Assist with initial internal control evaluations
- Assisting with project and product launches
- Research and document accounting issues in accordance with the applicable financial reporting framework
- Records management and retention of all Finance documents
- Assist or direct less experienced peers in their duties.
- Other tasks may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accountancy or equivalent
- Considered highly skilled and proficient in accounting.
- Preferably Licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- At least 3 years of relevant experience if CPA.
- 5+ years of relevant Accounting experience if not CPA.
- Post graduate education is an advantage.
- Good english communication skills.
- Fully distributed but must be available to work on site periodically or as needed.