Senior Software Engineer, Front-End
Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
As a senior frontend software engineer, you will help shape the user experience for the new initiative’s React Native-based iOS and Android app. You will be an important technical voice in ensuring we build the right set of features in a way that brings peace-of-mind to the many users who trust us everyday with their money. This is a unique and substantial opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a growing team with large-scoped engineering problems and contribute to its technical and cultural foundations.
What you'll do:
- Build delightful experiences: Work with the team to implement key mobile app features that solve for our users. You will deploy your expertise in coding, testing, and supportability to ship innovations with high quality and velocity.
- Provide technical leadership: Participate in the ideation, technical design, and grooming of new features with a data-driven and customer-centric viewpoint. Lead the solving of some of our biggest technical challenges while including appropriate guardrails for junior engineers.
- Build novel product: Drive and participate in the creation and implementation of solutions to problems facing the engineering team. You will deploy your expertise in technical writing, distributed systems architecture, coding, operational excellence and software development processes to achieve amazing things for the team.
- Be a Cultural Leader: Be a role model in upholding Remitly's cultural values and use them as a framework to coach other engineers across the org to achieve their full potential.
- Be an Empathetic Partner: Build great relationships across Engineering, Product Management, Design, Data Science, Marketing and Customer Support that allow you to learn and influence the direction of the team.
Who you are:
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of total experience building delightful mobile or web UX preferably used by millions of users
- 2+ years leading frontend feature development in partnership with Engineers, Product Managers, and Designers
- Experience creating and implementing plans for app rollout, experimentation, instrumentation and supportability
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based on personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $159,090 - 210,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Location : Seattle, Washington (Hybrid).