Finance Risk & Regulatory Manager -Seattle or US Remote
Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Finance Risk & Regulatory Manager to develop, implement and scale the 1st Li ne of Defense team within Global Finance . You will work across our Finance teams in Tax, Treasury, Accounting, FP&A and Financial Reporting as well as our partners in Compliance , ERM, InfoSec, Privacy and Legal to ensure that the Finance team understands our risk and control ecosystem.
The Finance Risk & Regulatory Manager will be responsible for working cross functionally to identify, assess, mitigate and monitor risks while implementing and automating controls to ensure we are aligned to our risk appetite. Role will be responsible for evaluating new/change processes, managing the risk assessment process , developing KRI/KPI dashboards and to train our 1st LOD colleagues on risk management best practices. Finance Risk & Regulatory Manager will report into the Finance Transformation org and can be fully remote or onsite.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders (Tax, Treasury , Accounting , Financial Reporting, FP&A etc.) to evaluate and perform an end-to-end analysis of the business' risk and control environment to identify significant control gaps, weaknesses, and resolutions to reduce financial loss, regulatory exposure, and reputational risk
- Liaison with 2nd line and 3rd line to determine compliance & regulatory requirements , develop processes , implement controls and work to iteratively automate controls.
- SME knowledge base within Finance (Tax, Treasury, Accounting , Financial Reporting, FP&A etc.)
- 7+ years of experience in Financial Services preferably a FinTech
- 5+ years of experience in 1st Line of Defense role as Risk & Control Officer
- Experience working cross functionally in a geographically diverse organization
- Change management , process improvement and risk management expertise
- Flexible time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $96,000-$120,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.