Senior Software Engineer, Consumer Product - U.S. Remote or Seattle
Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial services on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
The Send Experience team focuses on the customer experience of sending money within our core remittance product. This includes the presentation and collection of all necessary aspects of a money transfer across Remitly’s global landscape. This is a front-end leaning, full-stack team with exciting technical challenges and an opportunity to partner with a wide variety of teams across the company.
- Solve technical challenges with a customer-centric mindset.
- Design and implement solutions for ambiguous and difficult problems involving multiple technologies (TypeScript, React Native, Java/Kotlin, Go) and systems.
- Guide the team's technical strategy while leading, shipping, and operating full-stack features and systems.
- Drive engineering excellence by delivering well-tested, observable, documented, efficient, scalable, and resilient solutions, improving team processes, and contributing to cross-team technical designs.
- Enhance team talent through mentoring, code review, interviewing, and ramping new hires.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, designers, and analysts to achieve outstanding customer experiences.
- Report to the Engineering Manager of the Send Experience team.
- Strong computer science, web, and native app fundamentals, and knowledge of design patterns.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Strong mobile app development (Android, iOS, or React Native) experience.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Choose between an office-based or fully distributed (remote) work mode [#LI-Remote]
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $159,090 - $189,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.