Product Analyst-Fraud (Seattle or U.S. Remote)
Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
The Product Analyst, Fraud will report to the Sr. Analytics Manager for Fraud on the Risk Analytics team. In this role, you will apply data science and analytics techniques to drive rapid, rational decision making within one of Remitly's highest leverage functions. You'll improve our ability to remove fraud risk from our platform via product solutions while streamlining the experience for good customers by partnering with program and product managers, engineers, analysts, and designers.
- Become an expert on Remitly's fraud data, product experiences, policies, and systems
- Build a unified understanding of how fraud data, customer experiences, and goals align
- Own metrics used to evaluate fraud system performance and customer friction
- Formulate hypotheses, design and evaluate product experiments
- Generate insights and help define longer term product strategies and roadmaps
- Execute on product strategy
- 5+ years in a product analyst role or similar full-time, professional experience
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, engineering, economics, or another quantitative field (or equivalent additional experience)
- Intermediate SQL Proficiency (Python, R, and modeling a bonus)
- Practical work experience with Bayesian or Frequentist experimentation
- Working knowledge of foundational statistical concepts and how they can be applied in real world situations
- Experience distilling business problems, developing hypotheses, building an analytical framework, carrying out an analysis, and writing a clear recommendation
- Strong data communication skills, including data visualization, technical writing, and business writing
- Experience finding creative solutions within the constraints of complex systems and policies
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $94,400-$118,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.