Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Are you looking to grow, own meaningful projects, and work in a compelling problem space?
As part of the Infrastructure Engineering team, the Software Development Engineer is focused on building and maintaining infrastructure, networks, and automation in the cloud that provides all Remitly developers with peace of mind through basic guarantees of security, reliability, and observability. You will strive to continuously deliver a highly efficient, secure, and reliable infrastructure for all Remitly applications to run on.
This Systems Engineer will have these primary responsibilities:
- Designs, builds, and drives adoption of infrastructure tools and systems across the organization.
- Designs and implements cloud infrastructure that solves for ambiguous, large, or difficult technical problems often involving multiple requirements and multiple teams.
- Proactively researches, evaluates, and evangelizes new technologies for adoption across the team.
We are looking for a knowledgeable systems engineer with experience with or strong interest in solving Infrastructure problems with Software, with a focus on Cloud infrastructure as well as container orchestration and networking (Kubernetes and Istio).
This person should:
- Have demonstrable experience with building scalable Infrastructure on a major public cloud vendor (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Have demonstrable knowledge building and maintaining Kubernetes/Istio infrastructure in Production.
- Show scripting/programming ability. We deliver value through automating Infrastructure management, and experience with Software Development will be an important skill to have. Although it is a skill we are happy to help the candidate develop on the job.
- Deep knowledge of Linux, TCP networking, and Cloud infrastructure components and best practices.
- Pick up new technologies rapidly, finding common patterns, pros and cons of each.
- Design and implement solutions that are forward-thinking, are well-instrumented and well-documented.
- Experience working across different layers of a software application's stack
- High ownership and a results-driven approach to difficult problems.
- Have 5+ years of relevant engineering experience.
Who We Are:
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualized volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua.