Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
As a Senior Security Engineer at Remitly, you will help develop our security solutions and help deliver on our promises to our customers with a focus around detection and response engineering. This role will be instrumental in building our Detection and Response vertical. Our customers trust us with their hard earned money, and the financial wellbeing of their loved ones. We must earn that trust with every transaction. Security at Remitly is uniquely positioned to provide customer value and being an enabler for the business. Security is core to our culture and has excellent visibility and support from the Board and from each employee.
You will build our Detection and Response program! As a member of a small team you will contribute in multiple areas, but focus on Detection and Response. You will have the freedom to help establish our security roadmap and work with like minded engineers.
- Improve Security's ability to detect and respond to threats through engineering efforts
- Enhance Security's observability and orchestration program
- Help guide security policy and culture throughout the company
- Be an expert in incident response and help with incident management
- Report to the Engineering Manager, Security
- 8 years of experience in Information Security with focus in incident response and crisis management
- Strong experience with macOS and AWS incident response
- Experience with event monitoring and high signal, low noise alert creation
- Focused on engineering solutions to security challenges
- Experience in development
- Empathetic to developer needs while ensuring security best practices are enforced
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer