Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Remitly, you will report to an engineering manager in our Destination Experience (DEX) team and will help build and monitor applications in all the essential technologies that underpin our company. This includes applications built and operating on AWS, Kubernetes, and Istio infrastructure platforms. You will develop tools to make our engineering output more reliable and tested with confidence. You will help manage applications running in a production environment using existing tools and participate on our on-call rotations and mange the shifts.
- Monitor production systems
- Work with engineers to implement and automate delivery pipelines
- Manage IAM and secret keys in AWS
- Oversee OCI (On Call Incident) process and ensure it runs smoothly
- Enhance application alerting strategies
- Reduce production application error rate
- Apply best practices of DevOps for the Destination Experience (DEX) team
- 5+ years of experience in operation and support role using the listed technologies.
- You have a BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- You have solid experience with alarming, micro-services, and infrastructure as code such as Terraform
- Experience with CloudWatch, API Gateway, lambda, Kubernetes, Grafana, Humio,
- Experience with logstash data processing pipelines and tools such as Humio, Prometheus, Jaeger
- Demonstrate high ownership and ability to bring issues to resolution
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer