Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
- Create a workflow that handles exception flows without requiring our customers to maintain state
- You will manage all aspects of software development for a new department, working to establish the best technical roadmap to simultaneously accomplish business goals.
- Hire and Develop an amazing group of humans
- You will use modern languages, tools, and frameworks to build services on top of a scalable cloud architecture.
- You demonstrate a high level of partnership with product management, senior engineering management, and other partners, informing strategy by representing technical options and tradeoffs from a customer-centric viewpoint.
- 10+ years of industry experience building and shipping high impact cloud services
- 4+ years of experience in a technical leadership role
- Proven track record of hiring and developing diverse and inclusive engineering teams
- Innovative Entrepreneur background in leading and owning V1 products from scratch.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer