Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Remitly follows a "you build it, you own it" philosophy for product development teams, and the Developer Platform team is essential to its success: we provide an outstanding environment for developers in creating the tools and systems they depend on to build and operate their services. We're looking for an experienced technical leader, reporting to our VP of Engineering, who can set the direction for this space and grow it over the coming years. You'll immediately lead several teams in establishing mid-term roadmaps to maintain our systems' operational excellence while addressing core pain points and opportunities for our developers, and will familiarize yourself with Remitly's opportunities to establish a longer-term direction and unlock multiples of productivity for developers.
You have a deep interest in developer experience. You understand the landscape of technologies available across the software development lifecycle, and have experience applying these in medium-to-large organizations. You believe in the autonomy provided by a microservice architecture, and create solutions for developers to address the challenges of this approach. You think long-term, promote your teams' domains, and hire and lead outstanding developers.
- Hire and manage Engineering Managers and Principal/Staff Engineers across global and diverse teams
- Set the direction and roadmap for your teams, and be accountable for quarterly and yearly results
- Partner with VP of Engineering, CTO, and other engineering leaders in evolving and delivering company-wide engineering goals
- Hold an extremely high bar for operational excellence and in your teams' systems
- 7+ years of technical leadership experience
- 5+ years of experience managing multiple teams/domains, some global and remote
- Experience hiring Engineering Managers and Senior/Principal Engineers
- 5+ years working with microservice ecosystems and AWS
- Multiple years of experience with Kubernetes
- Experience leading in a similar role that emphasizes microservices, CI/CD, and Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer