Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Decoupling squad spearheads the effort to break down monolith applications into new micro-services. Our team members have vast expertise across multiple domains and are leaders of the new system architecture of Remitly, which will support our exponential growth, high engineering velocity and rapid rate of innovation.
As a member of the team you will work with product managers and engineers from most Remitly teams to gather requirements, design, and build new, forward-looking services. You will be responsible for their observability, high availability and reliability.
- Partner with product managers and engineers across teams to help achieve product and business goals
- Design solutions for ambiguous, large, or difficult technical or business problems.
- Set the standard for quality and long-term code maintainability within the team.
- Implement simple and scalable systems, and include guardrails for junior engineers.
- Solve internal tooling and process problems, improving developer productivity and product quality.
- Break down large projects into milestones and stories that can be accomplished by more junior engineers.
- Mentor more junior engineers, helping them grow in their careers.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 6+ years of experience as a software developer.
- Experience building and operating scalable services and distributed systems.
- Experience driving technical designs within a team, setting quantifiable goals and achieving them.
- Experience in gathering requirements and converting them into technical specifications.
- Proficiency in several general purpose programming languages like Java or Go.
- Experience mentoring other engineers and positively supporting their growth.
- Passion for cross-team collaboration.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer