Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Decoupling squad spearheads the effort to break down monolith applications into new microservices. Our team members have vast expertise across multiple domains and are leaders of the new system architecture of Remitly. We support our exponential growth, high engineering velocity and rapid rate of innovation.
As a member of the team you will work with senior engineers and product managers from most Remitly teams to gather requirements, design, and build new, forward-looking services. You will be responsible for their observability, high availability and reliability.
- Develop technical features end-to-end through design, coding, launch, and long-term support.
- Build, own, and operate services at the core of Remitly's tech stack.
- Help build the next generation systems that process every remittance Remitly sends.
- Partner with product managers and engineers across teams to help achieve product and business goals.
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 1-3 years of experience as a software developer.
- Proficiency with one or more general purpose programming languages like Java or Go.
- Experience building, shipping, and maintaining software.
- Exposure to engineering distributed systems
- Passion for cross-team collaboration
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer