Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
On the International Product team, you'll build features with the goal of improving our customer experience resulting in an improvement in our customer acquisition and retention. You'll iterate and work in several systems including customer facing remittance products. As part of this unique team, you'll make a meaningful impact every day on both our customers and our business.
To succeed in this role, you should enjoy being in a startup environment and working hands-on with others across the company. You are comfortable working with different technologies that range in multiple layers of the software stack. Our stack consists of React-native based applications with microservices backend cloud systems.
You'll report to the Engineering Manager or Tech Lead, International Product in Poland.
- Work in a product team building a great software based on metrics rather than just delivering features
- Work in a full-stack, 'you build it, you run it' environment creating UI and backend features
- Collaborate with all product roles, including product managers, designers, analytics, and business to provide the best experience for our customers
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years of experience as a software developer
- Product, user, and growth-oriented mindset
- Understanding of software development practices, system design, software design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience shipping full-stack features
- Familiarity with relational or non-relational databases
- Familiarity with at least one of the backend technologies like Java, Kotlin, PHP, Go or Node.js
- (Preferred) Familiarity or interest in learning about infrastructure and monitoring, especially AWS and Prometheus.
- Stock grants (RSUs)
- Hybrid work model
- Office in a Kraków city center (High5ive)
- Health/Dental Coverage - LUX MED VIP
- Life Insurance
- Multisport or Sodexo lunch card
- Education / Conferences Budget
- Equipment of your choice
- Standing desks
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.