Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly is registered as a Money Services Business in the U.S., Canada, EU, United Kingdom, Singapore and Australia. Each of these jurisdictions require, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Risk and Compliance Program.
About the Role
The Reconciliation Product team builds critical financial products that ensure the accuracy and completeness of Remitly’s financial data and are keystone to the health, timeliness, and accuracy of our financial statements.
As an Engineering Manager, you will manage a team of engineers to ship high-quality software with a multi-quarter outlook. You’ll set a long-term vision, directing the team to make sound engineering decisions and appropriate tradeoffs between shipping code fast and making important technical investments for the future. As a senior member of our engineering staff, you reflect a growth and continuous improvement mindset. Most of all, you care about our customers and use engineering as an avenue to reliably produce customer impact. You will report to the VP of Finance Products.
- Partner with product management and senior engineering management to develop a technical strategy aligned with the product, business and customer goals
- Build scalable, resilient and high-quality systems following SDLC best practices
- Create a positive and rewarding environment for the team, providing appropriate growth opportunities
- Establish and meet the hiring plan for the team, sourcing and interviewing a diverse set of candidates
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years of technical leadership experience shipping high-quality products
- 1-3 years of experience managing a small engineering team, including hiring and training engineers up to Senior level.
- Experience defining and influencing technical designs and processes across a team.
- Experience developing scalable back-end systems using one or more general purpose programming languages such as Java/Kotlin, Go, C#
- Experience hiring, mentoring engineers and building diverse teams
- Office in a Kraków city centre
- Health/Dental Coverage - LUX MED VIP
- Life Insurance
- Multisport or EdenRed
- Education / Conferences Budget
- Equipment of your choice
- Standing desks
- Unlimited paid time off