Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
The DEX team manages the core of Remitly's product; a platform for transferring funds quickly and reliably, ensuring our customers always have a great experience, from send to receive. We ensure the movement of over 12 billion dollars a year through disbursement methods such as bank deposit, cash pickup, mobile wallets, and home delivery.
You will report to the team engineering manager and work on a distributed team responsible for the core of Remitly's product; a global disbursement network that moves billions of dollars a year. As a Software Engineer at Remitly, you are a builder, responsible for taking technical and customer problems and creating great products backed by great systems. We aim for quality software as a starting point and believe that work-life balance is required to make this happen. We run on modern technology stacks, relying on AWS offerings, automated testing, monitoring, and mature deployment infrastructure.
Who You Are:
- You have a BS (accepted) or MS (preferred) in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- You have focused on backend work and have some experience on the frontend, with languages like React and TypeScript.
- You understand database fundamentals.
- Preferable experience in SQL, NoSQL, and related technologies.
- You have used your experience to contribute to technical designs and processes internally and across teams.
- You have experience building, shipping, and maintaining web services and systems on AWS.
- You have experience with distributed systems or micro-services architecture in production.
- Rice Allowance 1,500 pesos/month
- Transportation Allowance1,000 pesos/month
- Leaves and Cash Conversion20 leaves / year
- all accrued but unused leaves reckoned at the end of each year will be converted to cash up to a maximum of 5 days
- Accident and Life Insurance
- HMOYou will be enrolled in company-provided HMO within the first month of employment. Rules for availing HMO benefits shall follow company policies and procedures.
- Have an opportunity to own stock options
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer