Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Are you a paralegal with securities skills who enjoys managing complex projects, working with cross-functional teams, and finding creative ways to build structure? Are you excited by a role with lots of responsibility, opportunities to wear different hats, and potential for growth and impact?
We are looking for a securities paralegal for our dynamic and fun-loving legal team, someone who will be a key teammate as Remitly continues to grow. You will report to our Senior Program Manager, Corporate and Securities. This role can be performed in-person in Seattle or remote from within the United States.
- Public company matters: Work with external auditors and internal accounting team to support audit processes.
- Board and shareholder matters: Help maintain our minute books and corporate records. Review requests for documentation and attend to signature requests.
- Subsidiary management: Assist on corporate compliance matters for Remitly's US and international subsidiaries. Help organize subsidiary board and shareholder meetings, help to establish new entities and offices, and work with tax, treasury, other departments, and outside advisors.
- Transactional matters: Help with due diligence, document preparation and execution, and closing and integration for acquisitions and other corporate transactions.
- Cross-functional support/special projects: Assist with strategic projects involving stock administration, treasury, tax, internal audit, employment/HR, and other teams.
- Project management: Work with our Senior Program Manager, Corporate and Securities to drive progress on the corporate Legal team and cross functional corporate projects. Look for opportunities to improve processes that will positively impact the legal team and its counterparts and help us scale.
- You have 3+ years of relevant paralegal experience, ideally at a major law firm and/or in-house at a public company.
- You are familiar with SEC filings and requirements.
- You love sizing up unstructured or ad hoc situations and working with our Senior Program Manager, Corporate and Securities to create a strategy to build processes that improve accuracy or efficiency.
- You are comfortable working with senior management and outside counsel.
- You are a team player who is also comfortable making decisions independently.
- You are a notary public (don't worry, if you're not, we can help make that happen after you get here).
- You have an how-can-I-help attitude.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer