Software Development Engineer - backend (mid to senior)
Kraków and Poland remote
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For over 11 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,100 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
To succeed in this role, you should enjoy being in a startup environment and working hands-on with engineers and product teams across the company. Our stack consists of React-native based applications with microservices backend cloud systems. You will contribute mainly to various elements of these applications, creating customer-value and collaborating with other teams and engineers around you.
We are actively looking for skilled engineers with this profile to fill open roles in multiple teams, tackling different parts of our core business application. We will be more than excited to tell you everything about those roles, and find the best fit for your growth and skills. Our teams have different areas of focus, but our main goals, work-culture and approach to software engineering remains the same and span across our multinational engineering team.
- Work in a product team building a great software based on metrics rather than just delivering features
- Work in a ‘you build it, you run it’ environment, creating backend features
- Collaborate with all product roles, including other engineers product managers, designers, analytics, and business to provide the best experience for our customers
- Be part of Remitly Engineering culture by adding customer value, partnering with and metoring others, creating and reviewing technical secifications, interviewing more excellent engineers as yourself and more
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Product-, user-, and growth-oriented mindset
- Understanding of software development practices, system design, software design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Proven experience in shipping quality products
- Familiarity with relational and non-relational databases
- Familiarity with at least one of the backend technologies like Java, Kotlin, PHP, Go or Node.js
- (Preferred) Familiarity or interest in learning about infrastructure and monitoring, especially AWS and Prometheus.
- Stock grant package (RSUs)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Hybrid or fully remote work model
- Office in a Kraków city center (High5ive)
- Health/Dental coverage - LUX MED VIP
- Life Insurance
- Multisport or Sodexo lunch card
- Education budget
- Equipment of your choice
- Standing desks
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify employer.