Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
You will join Remitly's Marketing Data Infrastructure and Channel Enablement Squad, residing at the intersection between Engineering, Marketing, and Analytics. As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will be essential to fueling Remitly's growth marketing engine with data! You understand that rigorous analysis and insights rely on high-quality data and you are passionate about ensuring marketing data meets those standards. You will ensure the accuracy of Remitly's marketing metrics, build and modify pipelines to ensure data availability, investigate and fix data discrepancies, and partner with other teams and external vendors to incorporate new data (both internal and third-party). You will report to the Director of Revenue Management.
This role can be located in our Seattle, WA office or remote from anywhere in the USA.
What You'll Do
- Partner across teams to ensure that marketing data is accurate and fix any issues.
- Build BI solutions that allow marketers to analyze their marketing channels, identify new opportunities, and reach more customers at a reasonable cost.
- Use industry tools and your own skillset to assess marketing data quality, perform root cause analysis, and create insights.
- Partner with engineers, PMs, and other analysts to integrate with 3rd parties and manage current data integrations across multiple heterogeneous data sources.
- Write queries and scripts that assess data quality and alert for any issues.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in a technical, business, or quantitative field (Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Statistics, or related field).
- 2+ years experience in Business Intelligence, Analytics, or Data Engineering.
- 1+ years experience working with marketing data.
- Proficiency in SQL and ETL.
- Experience with data modeling and data from 3rd parties.
- Experience with a scripting language (e.g. Python).
- Experience writing ETL jobs in Scala, Spark, or similar, and scheduling ETL jobs in Azkaban, Airflow, or similar.
- Experience explaining data-driven decisions to team members and leadership of both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Sisense/Periscope).
- You can do a lot with a little. You think of creative solutions in a constrained environment, and you improve your solutions over time.
- You live our cultural values.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits and a 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer