Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
The Pricing team sits at the core of Remitly, building large-scale backend services for the remittance product and best-in-class tooling for our financial analyst team. We are on a journey to fundamentally change the way we price remittances and are looking for motivated software engineers to help us achieve our goals. You will solve challenging distributed systems problems in a cross functional team of engineers, product, machine learning and pricing analytics. You will report to the Pricing Engineering Manager. This role can be in Seattle or any US remote location.
- Take end-to-end ownership of complex technical projects
- Work directly with product management to ensure that the software we build meets customer requirements
- Set a high technical bar in the team by writing quality code, doing rigorous code reviews and sweating the details during production investigations
- Build scalable, resilient systems that are used by millions of Remitly customers
- Build and deploy services using AWS, Kubernetes, SQL/no-SQL databases
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years of experience building backend services
- Bonus: Experience with SQL/no-SQL database technologies
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer