Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
The Reconciliation Insights and Analytics team builds critical financial products and tools that ensure the accuracy and completeness of our financial data. We focus on analyzing and detecting data discrepancies, reducing losses, improving customer experience, and delivering business insight. Our data supports data consumers like Accounting, Treasury, Finance, and Customer Success.
If you love driving critical thinking and insight into challenging, unstructured problems and working with leaders in the organization to bring those insights into action, this role is for you. As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will be responsible for doing extensive analysis and management of reconciliation data. The quantitative insights you bring will have an out-sized impact on the business. You will work closely with program managers, other analysts, and engineers. You will report to BI Manager, Insights & Analytics
This role can be located in our Seattle, WA office or remote from anywhere in the USA.
- Apply ETL processes and programming skills to convert raw partner data into clean and usable data.
- Make data accessible and understandable by building dashboards and developing insights.
- Create models to understand transaction behavior, losses mitigation and forecasting.
- Drive improvements to our product and work processes to become more efficient
- Partner with engineers, PMs, and other analysts to integrate with 3rd parties and manage current data integrations across multiple heterogeneous data sources.
- Write queries and scripts that assess data quality and alert for any issues.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical, business, or quantitative field (Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Statistics, or related field).
- 2+ years experience in Business Intelligence, Analytics, or Data Engineering.
- Proficiency in SQL and ETL.
- Experience with data modeling and data from 3rd parties.
- Experience with a scripting language (e.g. Python).
- Experience writing ETL jobs in Scala, Spark, or similar, and scheduling ETL jobs in Azkaban, Airflow, or similar with large-scale complex datasets
- Experience explaining data-driven decisions to team members and leadership of both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Sisense/Periscope).
- You can do a lot with a little. You think of creative solutions in a constrained environment, and you improve your solutions over time.
- You live our cultural values.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer