Accounting Manager – Customer Transactions MNG (Individual Contributor)
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to customers sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Remitly's Customer Transaction Accounting Program (CTAP) is core to our business. We manage all the accounting for every customer transaction, globally. As an individual contributing (no direct reports) Accounting Manager on the CTAP team, supported by the CTAP Close Manager, you will be an essential team member, ensuring complete and accurate financials, driving close process improvements with the support of our Product and Engineering teams, as well as strengthening the quality and analysis of our financial results.
What you'll be doing:
- Be a subject matter expert on the customer transaction process, which includes proper accounting and analysis of revenue, cost of sales, cash, customer incentives, customer receivables and liabilities, foreign exchange transactions, and reserves.
- Apply your technical GAAP knowledge base to the above areas, and help support our staff and senior accountants' growth through documented and organized x-training programs
- Be an owner of daily and month-end close responsibilities such as:
- Prepare, review, and approve journal entries and supporting reconciliations to ensure account balances are complete and accurate
- Establish and maintain a framework to monitor, investigate, and resolve issues, including consistent documentation, follow-through, and auditor communications
- Financial analysis and explanation of trends and variances to expected outcomes
- Support financial reporting, audit deliverables, SOX, and KPIs
- Partner closely with FP&A and Treasury teams to ensure financials are timely, complete, and accurate
- Partner closely with Product and Engineering teams to implement process improvements, system improvements, automation, and new launches
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance and 6+ years of experience
- CPA or similar designation preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP, ASC 606 and ASC 830 preferred
- Experience working in NetSuite or similar ERP systems
- Experience analyzing and working with large data sets and familiarity with data management tools such as Excel and SQL
- High English fluency; strong written and verbal communication skills
Who we are:
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Remitly is an E-verify employer.