Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Sanctions Officer to maintain and scale the Compliance Sanctions Program. In this role, you will be responsible for assessing sanctions risk, upholding U.S. and other applicable sanctions regimes, and ensuring that the company is well positioned to adapt to any future sanctions programs. This position will support the Global Sanctions department's strategy, governance, and technology team, which plays a central role in developing and implementing the department's sanctions strategy, and the upkeep and oversight of the team's sanctions-screening tools. You will work with business partners and stakeholders to identify program and operational risks and help to initiate and manage the solutions. You will provide oversight to the sanctions program and enhance and monitor via metrics, testing and exam results and providing reports to senior leaders regarding the status and health of the program, all to ensure the advancement of the Company's mission, vision, and strategic goals. Experience working for a FinTech or a rapid growth company is a plus.
This role informs business leaders and their teams on the processes needed to ensure successful implementation of various initiatives such as products and growth in jurisdictions related to sanctions risks. The Sanctions Officer will be responsible for escalating sanctions program risks or alerts to senior leadership for review/program remediation. They will also work with regional operations on current training, procedures and implementation of program changes, develop executive dashboards including trending data and quality metrics, and develop and maintain policy and procedural documents as well as training materials for items related to the sanctions compliance program.
- Provide support across multiple functions to identify and track sanctions risks and remediations as needed
- Leverage deeper data analysis to refine and scope compliance sanctions policy adjustments & improvements
- Interface with business units and compliance officers to identify early opportunities for risk-based sanctions policy changes
- Review and evaluate payments and/or transactions which have been identified as containing a potential match to a person or entity on OFAC's SDN List or to a comprehensively sanctioned country
- Provide regulatory analysis under relevant OFAC-administered economic sanctions programs on payments and/or transactions
- Assist with maintenance of, and projects relating to, Remitly internal list updates and enhancements, as well as blocking and reject reporting to OFAC
- Manage the regulatory sanctions exams and reporting to the corresponding government agencies
Who You Are:
Experienced Compliance Professional
- 7+ years working compliance sanctions programs for a fast-paced, high-growth organization
- 5+ years of experience in financial services
- Experience creating functional and organizational processes to manage policies and procedures and alert remediation
- Experience in building and maintaining sanctions compliance programs for financial services
- A hunger to identify risks that may inhibit strong positive customer experience or business growth
- Enjoy partnering with others and managing stakeholders
- Balance risk & rewards, while meeting regulatory requirements
- Strong problem solving skills that sweat the details and aim for the stars
- Ability and comfort working in white-space to create compliance frameworks and solutions
- Root cause analysis strengthened by the use of data to make recommendations
- Clear communicator with key stakeholders in meetings, in policy documents, and process design
- Undergraduate degree
- Strong written and verbal command of the English language; foreign language skills is a plus
- Sanctions certification
- Experience working for a FinTech or a rapid growth company
- An extraordinary team with a manager who will invest in your career
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits and 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Opportunity to support students through the Remitly Scholars Program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details: The starting base pay for this position is typically $96,000-$125,000. In the U.S., Remitly Employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.