Communications Manager- Seattle or US Remote
Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Remitly is looking for an experienced Communications Manager to join the Public Relations (PR) team. In the role of Communications Manager, you will report to the Director of Public Relations and help build on our PR mission, to deliver the most relevant, impactful and enduring version of the Remitly story to influence positive sentiment and confidence with our chosen audiences.
- Develop an understanding of Remitly's business, value propositions, and public audiences
- Manage our PR agency, maintaining a high-quality bar and ensuring PR efforts are consistent with communications strategy and priorities
- Move communications projects from concept to execution, including press releases, social media campaigns, and content development
- Conduct active media monitoring, research media contacts, and make recommendations for creative opportunities
- Track campaign results, analyze opportunities for improvements, and compiling relevant reports for leadership
- Manage online newsroom
- In partnership with PR agency, initiate story and pitch ideas to support program goals
- Build media relationships and maintain engagement
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or Marketing
- 4 or more years communications and media strategy experience in a corporate or agency environment
- In-depth knowledge of what makes news and how to achieve coverage
- Experience building successful campaigns
- Experience creating strategies that lead to successful media relations
- Understanding of PR's role in integrated marketing and reputation management
- Project management skills
- Experience with SEO
- Knack for storytelling that bring brands to life and resonate with their audiences
- The ability to distill complex, technical concepts into compelling and understandable material, and adapt voice and tone
- Desire to build relationships and partner with colleagues across a range of seniority levels and areas of subject matter expertise
- Experience in crisis communications
- Spanish proficiency is an added value
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $96,200- $108,270. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.