Brand Strategist/Writer - Seattle or US Remote
Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
As a Brand Strategist/Writer, you will play a key role in increasing the perceived value of the Remitly brand by providing expert advice, brand positioning and messaging and the guidance and tools to define and guide the expression of the brand. You will work under the leadership of an expert in brand strategy, our VP Brand, and report to our Director, Brand Strategy and Management. You will work collaboratively across the company using a powerful understanding of where business requirements and brand integrity intersect. You are a skilled Brand Strategist who is capable of using strong writing skills to tell powerful stories using a passion for understanding people and cultures. This role requires a trusted mid-level leader who can provide influence and direction to those looking to you for expertise, including executives, marketing and product teams, creators and outside agencies.
Be an expert brand strategist and influencer:
- Be fluent in brand positioning and messaging - go-to for subject matter expertise.
- Excel at translating insights and user behavior into best in class positioning and messaging for a diverse set of audiences.
- Partner with product leadership in defining the core building blocks of product brands, including naming, positioning and messaging, utilizing both strategic and creative skills to create a brand strategy.
- Partner closely with Consumer Insights to stay current on and advocate for consumer insights that help paint a clear picture of our audiences and how best to distinguish Remitly for those audiences.
Define positioning and messaging:
- Evolve the parent and product brand messaging as needed, including naming, mission, position, promise, reasons-to-believe, tone.
- Build messaging frameworks/narratives for the brand, product brands and key audiences or events.
- Creative Briefs: Define key positioning and messaging for marketing that is aligned with brand positioning and audience insights.
Own guidance and tools:
- Develop and evolve brand positioning and messaging guidelines and tools, ensuring they are up-to-date, easily accessed and provide clear guidance to teams across the company. This includes updating for product features, new products, claims, disclosures and more.
- 8-10 years of applied experience in Brand Strategy & Positioning and/or Account Planning or Strategist roles
- Familiarity and experience with traditional qualitative and quantitative marketing research techniques
- Consumer brand experience a must; Technology or Fintech brand preferred
- Ability to operate autonomously, without strict guidance or structure and manage your own workload
- Ability to partner effectively with peers, managers and executives
- A highly-developed instinct for balancing brand goals with performance goals when developing messaging frameworks for marketing campaigns
- Extreme attention to detail and a high degree of discretion
- Ability to clearly articulate (and teach) your approach/thinking
- A sensitivity and desire to understand various cultures and trends
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write and communicate in other languages a plus, but not a requirement
- Ability to work with teams in Seattle (HQ), London and other global time zones (regardless of where you are located), collaborate with the team during working hours and meet deadlines
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details. The starting base salary range for this position is typically $130,000-$135,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.
Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.