Financial Reporting & Business Enablement Intern- Seattle or US Remote
Seattle, WA, United StatesApply Now
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
We're searching for a Financial Reporting & Business Enablement Intern to join Remitly’s Finance team. This role will report to our Senior Manager of SEC Reporting/External Reporting and Senior Manager of Business Enablement - this is a paid internship. This role is remote, based in the USA with the option to work in our Seattle office for those who live locally #LI-Onsite. You are an individual contributor with a bias for action who is excited by the opportunity to make a big impact in a high-growth mission-focused Company.
- Financial Reporting:
- Prepare SEC, regulatory, and statutory financial statements in accordance with the relevant financial reporting framework
- Participate in maintaining the chart of accounts
- Perform technical accounting research and preparing the relevant documentation to support financial statement disclosures
- Support program management for the financial reporting process
- Business Enablement:
- Assist in creating and improving our standard operating procedures and project management tools
- Assist in gathering and documenting requirements for new company initiatives
- Assist in project managing new company initiatives
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or graduate degree in degree in accounting or related major, with an anticipated graduation date of late 2023 or Spring 2024
- Competency in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets (including vlookups, xlookups, countifs, and pivot tables)
- Completed coursework related to financial reporting and intermediate accounting
- Strong analytical skills
- Organized with great attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team; and remain agile to changing and growing business needs
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
Compensation - The expected pay for this role is $4600 a month
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer