Accounting Operations Manager
Managua, NicaraguaApply Now
Title: Manager, Accounting Operations
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
We're searching for an Accounting Manager to join Remitly’s Accounting team, reporting to our Corporate Accounting Management. This role will be responsible for the accounting and reconciliation of non order-to-cash accounts, including cash & cash equivalents, prepaid expenses and other assets, fixed assets, accounts payable, accrued expenses and other liabilities, leases, operating expenses, stock-based compensation expense, other income/expense, of all Remitly subsidiaries.
As an individual contributing (no direct reports) Accounting Manager on the team, you will be an essential team member, ensuring complete and accurate financials in accordance with GAAP, driving close process improvements with the support of our Product and Engineering teams, as well as strengthening the quality and analysis of our financial results.
What You’ll Do
- Be a subject matter expert on operational accounting processes, which includes Accounts Payable, Payroll and statutory accounting.
- Partner closely with FP&A and Local Leadership teams to ensure Financias are timely, complete, and accurate.
- Be an owner of month-end close responsibilities such as:
- Prepare, review, and approve journal entries and supporting reconciliations to ensure account balances are complete and accurate
- Establish and maintain a framework to monitor, investigate, and resolve issues, including consistent documentation, follow-through, and auditor communications
- Financial analysis and explanation of trends and variances to expected outcomes
- Support business initiatives, drive process improvements, system enhancements, and implement best practices to help scale the Accounting team.
- Support the implementation and operating effectiveness of SOX controls to mitigate financial statement risks.
- Fixed asset management (DGA requirement for Free zone is a plus), including monitor asset tagging, manage asset transactions (capitalization: local purchases and WIP, disposals, run depreciation, physical count, etc)
- Tax Management (VET filing, reconcile withholding taxes, implement internal control for electronic exonerations, reperform calculation for Employees’ income taxes, assist AP in applying the correct withholding rates)
- Lead and foster a culture of continuous improvement and change, helping ensure we evolve our accounting organization and underlying processes to accelerate scale and improve quality.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and 5+ years of experience
- CPA or public accounting experience preferred
- Strong Operational accounting background
- Experience with streamlining processes and/or design and implementation of accounting policies and procedures
- Experience working in NetSuite or similar ERP systems
- Experience analyzing and working with large data sets and familiarity with data management tools such as Excel and SQL
- Strong alignment to our mission and values
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer